Chicago Restaurant Pastry Competition
When: October 15-17th, 2011
Where: The Chicago School of Mold Making, 46 Lake Street, Oak Park, IL, 60302
Press: Here is the link to the event page on Starchefs.com:
International media is headed up by Pasticceria Internazionale, Italy’s premiere Pastry Magazine:
Chicago continues to receive recognition for having some of the best and most creative pastry chefs in the country. We are looking for the most innovative, creative and best tasting plated dessert.
The Chicago Restaurant Pastry Competition (CRPC) is open to any working pastry chef in the Chicago area. There is no entry fee and finalists will be selected based solely on the artistic and culinary strength of their work.
The CRPC is a single day competition where chefs will be asked to make 8 plates of an original, creative and innovative plated dessert and 8 servings of a dessert amuse from a mystery box. The winner will be the chef that presents the most creative and best tasting desserts.
The competition will take place on October 16th, 2011 from 8am-5pm. We will have a dinner on the 15th at the school. There will be an open house and award ceremony on the 17th.
Five finalists will be selected by a judging panel that includes Chefs Curtis Duffy (Alinea, Avenues), Della Gossett (Charlie Trotter, French Pastry School) and Jimmy MacMillan (Avenues, JMPUREPASTRY).
Gold, Silver and Bronze prizes will be presented to the top finishers. Prizes include: Chicago School of Mold Making classes and gift certificates for silicone molds, pastry equipment, Chocovic chocolate, and more!
Send your name, restaurant name, address, phone number, and email address along with a color photo and original recipe of one original creative plated dessert to:JMPUREPASTRY@gmail.com by May 16th, 2011. Recipes must include: ingredients, measurements and method of preparation for eight servings. Email inquires welcome.
Finalists will be notified by the first week of June 2011. Finalists will have until Aug 1st to turn in their competition recipes.
1. Chefs will bring their own ingredients pre scaled and labeled in clear containers to the competition. Contestants may bring their own plates or CRPC committee will provide plates.
2. All recipes will be prepared on site. If exceptions are made, they will apply to all competitors.
3. Chefs will also be required to create a dessert amuse using mystery basket ingredients, molds and plates made available to them.
4. All recipes, dessert photographs, video images and all other content provided by applicants may be used for publication, promotion and other purposes.
5. Winners will be the contestants awarded the most points in creativity, artistic design, taste and innovation.
6. Winners will be selected by the CRPC judges based on a points awarded system. All decisions will be final and not subject to review. Final scores will be sent to all participants.
Thank You to our Sponsors